* Before leaving the camp for your next destination, pack your essentials in the rucksack. A properly packed rucksack will not hinder your movements on a difficult terrain.
* Line the insides of your rucksack with polythene to keep it dry.
* Things which are not required during the day should be packed at the bottom of the rucksack.
* Follow this chronology from the top down- sleeping bag, spare clothes and other articles, not required on the way.
* After packing, sling the rucksack on your shoulder and check if the shoulder straps are tight enough to keep the rucksack close to your back. If not, then tighten, but not too severely.